Local superiors and finance officers gathering on May at josgiri Provincial hous...Dec 21, 2018
Renewal Provincial Synaxis 8th February to 11th February 2019Dec 31, 2018
Retreat for Postulants at PattaramJan 15, 2019
Night Vigil 5th April 2019 at AnapanthyMar 15, 2019
Annual Retreat for Sisters from 24th March to 29th Friday at Josgiri Provincial ...Mar 10, 2019
Perpetual Profession at CenacleMar 16, 2019
Religious Vestition & First Profession of our Novices. N. Ann Maria Vallopp...Mar 20, 2019
Annual Retreat for Sisters from 24th April to 28th April 2019 at Josgiri Provinc...Mar 21, 2019
Zonal get together from 3rd April 2019 at BelthengadyMar 20, 2019
Sr. Merlin Nellithanam on being selected for The Bishop Sebastian Valloppally Ex...Mar 13, 2019
Born to the nobility, Alphonsus was a child prodigy; he became extremely well-educated, and received his doctorate in law from the University of Naples at age 16. He had his own legal practice by age 21, and was soon one of the leading lawyers in Naples, though he never attended court without having attended Mass first.
Thomas Kurialacherry, fondly called as Kunjuthomachen was born on January 14th, 1873 at Champakulam in Changanacherry, Kerala to Chackochen and Accamma. As a child, he grew up with extra ordinary goodness and piety. From his tender ages onwards Thomas had a special devotion to the Eucharistic Lord and Blessed Mother.
Mother Chantal (Philomina Vallayil) was born on 23 December 1880 to Mathew and Mariamma at Champakulam. From her young age, she was impelled by a desire to love the Lord with her whole heart and give herself in service of the poor and needy. She had taken a firm decision right from her childhood which she kept...
Josgiri Provincial House, Kilianthara (2013). For a half a century, Josgiri provincial house was operated with very limited facilities,
first in Kilianthara and then in, Chettankunnu, Thalasserry. In 2011, the provincial superior, Mother Rosily Ozhukayil and team took the
daring step of building a new Provincial house in the property that was available in Kilianthara. On Nov.7, 2014 the new
house was blessed and Thalasserry Province got the headquarters that could accommodate...
“As Adoration sisters, you must ardently try to make the Eucharistic Lord known, loved and Adored by all, always and everywhere”.
This was our Founder’s desire and all our activities are directed towards this aim. I pray that all those who visit our site will find something
inspiring to make them closer to the Eucharistic Lord. Learning from the Eucharistic Lord, simplicity,
love and willingness to be broken for others, we may offer ourselves as a loving sacrifice to the heavenly Father. God bless you all...
Development through the years
The origin of Thalasserry province is closely connected with the history of Kerala. During the years that followed the World War II, groups of Catholic families from Kottayam and Alappuzha Dts. migrated to Malabar, seeking virgin land for cultivation. As most of the families belonged to the Syro-Malabar Church, the authorities decided to have a Syro-Malabar Diocese for the Malabar region in 1953. Vatican appointed Bishop Sebastian Vallopilly from Palai as the first Bishop of the new diocese.
In 1967 Malabar became an independent province and Mother Imelda was elected as the first provincial of St. Joseph Province, Thalasserry. Then Mother General, Mother Espirit directed the growth of the new province with a maternal heart and filial love. Local vocation increased and the superiors decided to give formation to the candidates in Malabar itself. Sr. Rosebella was appointed as the directoress of formation and in 1965 the first batch of sisters made their first profession at the parish Church in Mananthavady. It was a turning point in the history of the province.
The provincial Synaxis met in 1970 under Mother Espirit elected Mother Eucharist as the second Provincial superior and Sr. Hosanna, Sr. Ligori and Sr. Peter Paschal as Councillors. Due to ill health, Mother Eucharist resigned in two years and Sr. Hosanna carried out the responsibilities of the provincial superior.
The provincial synaxis summoned under Mother Alphonsus Maria elected Mother Hosanna as provincial superior. With a loving heart, mother guided the sisters and the province developed. Seeing the future needs of the province, more sisters were sent to study in India as well as abroad. In 1976 Mother Hosanna was re-elected and Sisters Peter Paschal, Genevieve, Annie Macreena and Josilia were elected as Councillors. Wyanad area had developed to a point that it became an independent province in 1980 and Sr. Maribella became its first Provincial superior.
Between three (two + one) terms, Mother Rosebella guided the province to new horizons and growth. The knowledge and insights she gained from continuous reading was applied to the expansion of the province in accordance with the spirit and teachings of Vatican II. Sisters were sent to mission activities in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh. Spiritual growth of the sisters was a main concern for Mother Rosebella. She took initiative in starting more Social Work centres to give opportunity to the sisters to serve the poor and needy.